Saturday, December 13, 2008

opossum revisited



remember when i told you about the opossum in my attic? well thank god phillip cut off the branches that touched my house so that it wouldn't climb into the hole.

it hasn't been in there since which is good for me. i don't hear these loud screeches anymore...

we have seen a lot of giantic droppings in one corner of my backyard next to the orange and persimmon trees. so we know that giggles (my nickname for now) has been around.

well, while cleaning out the bunnies for the night, phillip points out the fact that giggles was taking its midnight stroll on the fence between my place and the neighbors's.

i grabbed my camera asap and we did some photos. of course, this scared the shite out of it i'm sure. we cut up an orange and tried to feed it. it smelled it and then it just froze, or probably played dead, on the fence. and then after about five minutes, if finally climbed down the fence and disappeared into the night.

and then the other day, saul was walking to his car to go to jack in the box to get us all iced vanilla coffees, he heard something drop from the magnolia tree in the front yard and scurry underneath his car. this scared the shite out of him and he told me that something is underneath his car. i grabbed my camera and came out as it scurried across the street and underneath a car.

this is the resulting photo i got. there were cars driving by and i was in the middle of the street.

hopefully it wasn't stealing my soul with its eyes.

No comments: