Thursday, May 15, 2008

heart burn



i was making pasta for myself on tuesday and i accidentally dropped the lid of my pan and it hit me twice, which created a heart shaped burn mark on my left inner wrist.

it didn't really take form until today (wednesday) and now it's getting fainter as each hour goes by. it was bright pink this morning, which is when i should have taken the photo, but i didn't do it until the evening.

when i see it, it immediately reminds me of nan goldin's "heart-shaped bruise." it's probably one of my favorite photos. when i think of nan, i always think of that image, and then at a close second, is the photo of her boyfriend masturbating. you know which one i'm talking 'bout.

1 comment:

RV3 said...

Good photo. I hope your bruise heeals soon. Burns are the worse...
xoxo
Rafi