Monday, April 7, 2008

malls

I HATE MALLS.

when i am bored in los angeles, there are few things i can do outside my home that is near me. one of the things i do is go to the mall. I HATE THE MALL. it's one of the few places that will temporarily distract me. although, when i say distraction, i mean, distraction by annoyance. i hate going to the same stores that are found in every WESTFIELD malls: old navy, the gap, hot topic, torrid, the body shop, hollister, frederick's of hollywood.

the other day, phillip and i were bored and so we decided that we needed to do something. so he said "lets do what you love to do... go to the mall." and that sorta bothered me. cause in the near decade that i was in nyc, i was in the manhattan mall maybe a total of five times... and in those five times, it was because i couldn't find the right exit for the n,r,q,w train and ended up on the escalators for the manhattan mall (the subway is connected to it for you non-new yorkers).

this weekend, phillip, ana, saul, and i went to the glendale galleria. i've only been there once before, for approximately ten minutes because juanita was looking for her wedding dress at macy's and the only macy's with the correct size was at the glendale galleria... so we got there ten minutes before closing time to pick it up. i don't even remember if she bought it.... but that was my only taste of g.g. before this weekend.

after trekking through the mall for THREE hours.... i decided that I HATE MALLS FOREVER.

the same stores in every mall... victoria secrets, the gap, the body shop, bath and body works, hollister, american eagle outfitters, a&f, frederick's of hollywood... i hate it i hate it i hate it.

i think i had a panic attack and broke down.

i went to southcoast plaza last year for about two hours. it's better than the other westfield malls... but every store is a mini-store. they had a gucci, ysl, chanel, etc... but they were mini-stores. it was nice, but at the same time, that mall mentality drove me insane. the ramps, escalators, mini-stairs, giant christmas tree, and that feeling of going in circles started to get to me and i left.

i think i'm slowly going crazy because of this.

someone send me a ticket to nyc now. or maybe even paris. i need to go visit paris tout suite.

1 comment:

RV3 said...

I hate malls too, and I am an Angeleno. There are good alternatives to malls in the L.A. area. Like: Old Town Pasadena, the shopping areas in SilverLake, Los Feliz, 3rd Street, to name a few.
Sadly, if you are looking for a Macy's malls are usually unavoidable....