Wednesday, March 26, 2008

quickie movie reviews

SHADOWBOXER - it's like... if the crying game and mr. and mrs. smith and the golden girls had a menage trois. the cast in weird. cuba gooding jr and helen mirren are assassins as well as lovers. the sex scenes are off the hook INSANE. visually, it's one of the most luscious gorgeous modern day thriller i have seen. there's a poor-man's angelina jolie actress in it as well as a zebra. yeah. right?

PIRAHNA - yeah, the 70's classic. it's great!

DEATH RACE 2000 - yeah, corman.... it's great!

I KNOW WHO KILLED ME - hahahahahahaha. bad but fun to watch. i am now sorta thinking that lindsay lohan's peak was mean girls. she's insanely bad, but funny in this movie. the entire time i was watching this movie, i was like, "is that juliette binoche? oh my god, it is juliette binoche.... what the fuck is juliette binoche doing in this movie???" definitely a good fun watch with the friends. she's not a bad pole dancer....

1 comment:

RV3 said...

Sorry, Christiaan, but I hated SHADOWBOXER. I was so bothered by it after watching it. Among our friends, I think serene disliked it too, but Oscar and Jerry loved it, like you...

Now, since I am such a Juliette Binoche fan, I will have to watch I KNOW WHO KILLED ME. Tell me, does this film have SHOWGIRLS camp potential???